Tuesday 7 April 2015

2015 April PAD Challenge - Day Seven - First Week Complete!

Today's prompt for the Writer's Digest 2015 April Poem A Day Challenge is: A Love Poem or an Anti-Love Poem. As you can see below, I decided to write about Love. I can't believe I finished the first week and that I've managed to write something daily despite myself. Here's to the next 23 days!


Countdown

A family borne from ice
Isn’t one for loving words
Or grand displays of affection
But the thought of you makes me grin
In the Darkness

I find this world
To be one of complications and cruelty
But with you
None of the rules apply

Though we have yet to meet
I know you by heart
It has been a lifetime of longing
And the dragons have started to circle the skies

The wolves are calling your name
Sweet one
It is time
Come home
And take your place

My guarded gates are standing wide open
As I await
Your Arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment